Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Different Side of Praha

We found a neighborhood away from all the tourists last night. I felt like I was in a completely new city--staring at the buildings, many of which reminded me of the apartment buildings in San Francisco, only taller with bigger features. There appeared to be the occasional restaurant every few blocks and much more family-oriented, instead of being on top of one other with flashy signs, lights, traffic, and filled with tourists. I thought, "Hmmm, I could live HERE." We pulled up to the restaurant, called Aromi, and little did I know, we were in for a treat. We had all kinds of seafood, wine, chocolate soufflé, and grappa. I was drunk come dessert. :)

Ha, I actually just Googled Aromi and this came up: "Aromi is located in the heart of Vinohrady quarter, one of the most desirable residential areas of Prague, filled with restaurants and antique shops."

So I guess I'm not the only one who'd like to live there. I'd want to live there if I were a student or a resident of the Czech Republic. A study abroad program would have been amazing in Praha as well. However, for now, I still prefer living in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment